world of weird things podcast: cyber weapons
Killer drones and hackable weapons and easy targets for spies, oh my...
This episode of the World of Weird Things Podcast is all about drone warfare, cyber weapons and the threat they pose, the future of armed conflicts, and what you, yes you at home, can do to help secure your country’s digital infrastructure from foreign adversaries wielding weaponized math. While you probably shouldn’t panic about being sent back to the stone age with a tactically deployed virus, you definitely want to worry enough to make some very serious changes in your life and your political choices, and we’ll explain why and how.
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– They Came, They Saw, They Hacked: Why The Pentagon Isn’t Ready For Cyberwarfare
– Is Time Running Out For Today’s Fighter Jets?
– Trump Is Opening A Cyber Pandora’s Box
– How To Stop Russia From Hacking America’s Power Grid
– Did Cyber-warfare Finally Invade The Real World?
Related articles and further reading…
– Cybersecurity Done Horribly Wrong, Revisited
– To Hack, Or Not To Hack, Or When You Have The Means But Not The Motive
– Why Autonomous Killer Robots Are Inevitable And Why We Should Be Pretty Worried About Them
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records