world of weird things podcast: ultimate doomsday prepping
Just because the universe is dying doesn’t mean you and your civilization have to die with it, at least not if you’re ready to go stellar grave robbing.
Well, folks, that’s all for the universe as we know it. Cold, dark, and filled with disintegrating stellar corpses. But your civilization is still around. What do you do? Where do you go as the cosmos itself dies? Believe it or not, your best bet is to head towards the nearest remnant of a dead star, and the more exotic the better. That’s where you can find steady sources of energy, and with them, options for how to continue your existence. How will you harness that energy? And how could you use it to survive the end of everything? We’re about to prep for the end of days. Literally.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– The Dark Monsters Who Will Inherit Our Universe
– What Alcohol Can Tell Us About The Fate Of The Universe
– Why Black Holes Have Magnetic Storms Like Stars
– Right Round, Like A Black Hole Baby, Right Round…
– Why Falling Into Black Holes Is So Complicated
– Finding Aliens By The Black Holes They Make?
– Spaceships, Now With Black Hole Reactors?
– Are Monster Black Holes On An Entropy Frenzy?
– A Billion Solar Masses Of Nothing
– Searching For The Biggest Stars In The Cosmos
Related articles and further reading…
– And Now For Something Surprisingly Simpler
– The Birth Of A Supermassive Monster, Revisited
– Replicating Hawking Radiation In The Lab
– Why We Won’t Build A Dyson Sphere Soon
– Can You Really Fall Into A Black Hole? Or, Fun With Time Dilation
– If An Astronaut Falls Into A Black Hole, Will He Turn Into Quantum Fuzz?
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records