world of weird things podcast: the sinister conspiracy to make the world healthier
You might think that a cleaner world with renewable energy and smart urban planning would make our lives better. But that’s exactly what those evil Illuminati want you to think...
The Western far right appears convinced that taking better care of our planet, ourselves, and making our cities greener and more walkable, are actually just sinister plots to enslave them. Why? There’s an entire industry of conspiracy theorists making millions of convincing mostly older, whiter, more rural, conservatives that the government, their neighbors, and even their kids, are out to get them. We may have found ourselves looking down the barrel of an environmental crisis unintentionally, but the efforts to stop us from doing anything about it are both willful and coordinated.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– How The GOP Became The Party Of Conspiracy Theorists
– The Angry Conspiracy Vote, A Primer
– At The Mountains Of Political Madness
– Yes, Being A Global Warming Denier Does Pay
– Defending Us From Enemies, Even Imaginary Ones
– When Your Conspiracy Has Too Many Villains
– Is The New World Order Coming For The Suburbs?
– The Earth Hour Conspiracy
– The Return Of The Earth Hour Conspiracy
– Are We Ready To Grow Our Food In Labs Instead Of On Farms?
– Why The Earth Won’t Remember Us Fondly
Related articles and further reading…
– To Meat Or Not To Meat, That Is The Question
– How Old Macdonald’s Farm Might Just Get Automated
– Paranoia, Paranoia, The Evil Globalists Are Coming To Get Me…
– The World’s Insects Are Going Extinct, And They Might Take Us With Them
– World Of Weird Things Podcast: The Recipe For Conspiracy Theories
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records