world of weird things podcast: a (theoretical) peek inside a black hole
If you really want to understand space, you need to understand black holes. Although, to be fair, understanding them is still very much a work in progress…
Now that everyone saw and talked about the EHT black hole image, it’s probably a good time to catch up on all the details the popular explainers missed, like what’s inside a black hole, what happens to the matter that falls into it, why they’re so important for us to investigate as we keep exploring space and the ultimate fate of our universe, and perhaps most importantly of all, how and why they burp when they eat.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– Unmasking A Monster: A “Stunning Confirmation” Of Black Hole Theory
– Supermassive Black Holes, The Paradoxical Creators Of Stars, Planets, And Life
– The Paradox Of The Black Hole Information Paradox
– If An Astronaut Falls Into A Black Hole, Will He Turn Into Quantum Fuzz?
– Why Falling Into Black Holes Is So Complicated
– Spaceships, Now With Black Hole Reactors?
– Are Monster Black Holes On An Entropy Frenzy?
– How To Take A Peek Inside A Neutron Star
– World Of Weird Things Podcast: Ultimate Doomsday Prepping
– A Billion Solar Masses Of Nothing
– Black Holes And Ancient Dwarf Galaxies
Related articles and further reading…
– Why Black Holes Have Magnetic Storms Like Stars
– Black Hole Interrupted, Or Rise Of The Suron
– Can You Really Fall Into A Black Hole? Or, Fun With Time Dilation.
– How Hot Could It Get Inside A Black Hole?
– What Interstellar’s Black Hole Can Teach Us About Science In Entertainment
– Are Fast Radio Bursts The Screams Of Cosmic Zombies?
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records