world of weird things podcast: mars
On today’s episode, we talk to Dr. Ian O’Neill about the Mars InSight mission and what we’ve learned so far from scouring Mars with our latest generation of robots. We also talk about the basics of planetary science, how we know what’s inside different types of planets, and the future of exploring our solar system. And, of course, we also touch on the search for life in our own cosmic backyard. Can you even do an episode about space without mentioning some hypothetical little green microbes?
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– Surviving Seven Minutes Of Martian Terror
– Why We’re Not Ready For Mars Just Yet
– When It’s What’s On The Inside That Counts
– Why A Briny Mars Is Exciting, But Isn’t Necessarily Good News
– Cold? What Cold? It’s The Uv Rays That’ll Kill You
– Why You Can’t Nuke Your Way To A Second Earth
– Do We Really Want To Terraform Mars?
– Why Water Could Kill Life On Mars
Related articles and further reading…
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records