world of weird things podcast: dig through the ditches and rage with the fishes
Turn on the news today and you’ll get a never-ending torrent of rage and misery. Social media is being dominated by outrage and virtual mobs demanding someone’s head on a platter for making a stupid joke or a hateful comment. We’re constantly upset about something, trying to rope others into our anger. And that has psychologists who study anger worried because as odd as it may seem, being angry and expressing that anger is actually good for you and society as a whole. Of course, being angry can only be beneficial up to a certain threshold, and we’ve either passed it a while ago, or are very quickly approaching it.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– The Real Roots of American Rage
– Jo Boaler: Teaching Mathematics
– How Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely
– How Do We Determine The Lifespan Of The Internet Outrage Industrial Complex?
– When What’s Profitable Doesn’t Mean What’s Right, And What We’re Wired To Do About It…
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records