world of weird things podcast: how ignorant politicians could supercharge hackers
Governments really, really want to snoop on your messages and are once again demanding that tech companies create a backdoor for law enforcement to crack encryption standards which protect everything from your electronic payments to your medical information. In a sane world, experts would once again tell them that math and basic human fallibility and greed would make a secure backdoor impossible and that would be the end of it. But we don’t live in a sane world, which is why bureaucrats are throwing temper tantrums and demanding we simply accept the fallout of meeting their demands, refusing to understand that the cost of doing so could be trillions of dollars, millions of jobs, and a crime spree unlike the world has ever seen.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– Barr Demands Tech Firms Create Encryption Backdoors Regardless Of Consequences
– Australia Declares War On Digital Security, Demands Encryption Backdoor
– Why Encryption Is An All Or Nothing Affair
– Why We Can’t Give Governments Encryption Backdoors
– Three Cheers For Encryption And Anonymity?
Related articles and further reading…
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records