world of weird things podcast: is technology ruining millennials’ sex lives?
Millennials, according to pundits everywhere, were supposed to be the generation that took sex, drugs, and rock and roll to apocalyptic, society-shattering extremes. Instead, they’ve grown up and became the tamest generation in more than a century. And far from constant drug-fueled orgies, they’re actually suffering from what some researchers have called a “sex deficit.” Why? Nobody seems to know for sure, but some of the most popular explanations tend to focus on the impact of new technology, and no, we’re not talking about smartphones. We’re talking, once again, about the kind of technology that changed the world.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– No, Technology Isn’t Ruining Dating, Redux
– The Skeptic’s Guide To Porn
– The Hookup Culture That Wasn’t There
– The Human Amoebas
– Good News Everyone, Technology Is Killing Traditional Courtship
– Why Americans Need To Grow Up When It Comes To Sex Ed
Related articles and further reading…
– How To Know If You’re Addicted To Love
– Is There Such A Thing As Sex Addiction?
– Why Women Are Starting To Pay For Sex
– You Can’t Compare Sex Partners When You Only Have One
– A Study Of The Friend Zone: The Scientific Reasons Why She’s Just Not That Into You
– It’s Great To Be Sex-Positive. Just Don’t Get Carried Away With It…
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records