world of weird things podcast: the fermi paradox, or, are we being ghosted by aliens?
We’ve found organic compounds in countless places around the cosmos, and we have some evidence that comets and asteroids affected life right here on Earth. By that logic, the galaxy should be crawling with chatty aliens looking for other intelligent life, yet we’re still not sure if we’ve ever heard from them, or if they’re out there at all. This is known as the Fermi Paradox, and there are solutions to it. It’s just that some of them are a little more dark and doomsday-ish than we might like to think about…
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– The Wow! Signal
– Weird Things Talks To SETI
– Weird Things Talks To Astronomer Ragbir Bhathal
– How The Media Discovered An Alien Signal
– When The Answer Could Actually Be Aliens
– Why Water Could Kill Life On Mars
– Alien Expansion Vs. The Fermi Paradox
– If You Rearrange A Galaxy, Will Anyone Notice?
– World Of Weird Things Podcast: Ancient Aliens
– Are Fast Radio Bursts The Screams Of Cosmic Zombies?
– When Science Fiction Is Passed Off As Science
– Didn’t Anyone Ever Tell You Not To Talk To Aliens?
– How One Planet Shows An Indirect Glimpse Of Our Future And The Fermi Paradox
Related articles and further reading…
– How Do We Find Relativistic Alien Rockets?
– So How Would You Claim Territory In Outer Space?
– Greetings, We Are Here To Convert You?
– Finding Aliens By The Black Holes They Make?
– We Think Aliens May Lurk In Europa’s Oceans. We Might Be Disappointed…
– Should We Be Looking For A Dyson Semaphore?
– Could We See How Aliens Mine Asteroids?
– Are We Drawing In Ufos With Mushroom Clouds?
– Seti’s Search For Alien Artificial Intelligence
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records