world of weird things podcast: big bad pharma
Big Pharma may not do much to endear itself to patients and the general public, but the last thing it wants to do is sit on cures for serious diseases. Here's why.
Dr. Steven Novella joins the Fishes to talk about the follies of Big Pharma and the conspiracy theories swirling around it. Are cures really less profitable than long term treatment? Can you even keep a cure a secret in this day and age? And why are people resorting to conspiracies to answer questions addressed in just about any book about medicine and biology?
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Related articles and further reading…
– a free business school lesson for homeopaths
– how alt med protects its lucrative business
– don’t wind back the clock on medicine
– why natural doesn’t mean safe or effective
– when legal loopholes run wild…
– helping those who won’t help themselves, redux
– why the medical world apparently hates money
– conspiracy theorists’ dark view of medicine
– when alt med acts a lot like big pharma
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records