world of weird things podcast: greg accidentally builds baby skynet
Hide your kids, hide your wife, we're automating everybody out there!
Politicians and older voters insist that worries about the robot job apocalypse are overblown, and while computers are getting smarter, they’re not smart enough to take so many jobs that they’ll create an honest to goodness crisis. But they’re wrong, and we know that because one of the hosts just built a prototype for Skynet-style robots and got a glimpse into the future in the process. And while that future is scary, the reality is that it doesn’t have to be with just a little political will and basic understanding on what’s on the horizon…
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– A Peek Into The Minds Of Your Future Robot Overlords
– The Trump Administration Is In Denial About Jobs And Artificial Intelligence
– Why Universal Basic Income Won’t Save Us From Mass Automation
– How Automation Is Stealing Jobs And Accidentally Empowering Populists
– How Old MacDonald’s Farm Might Just Get Automated
– All Your Jobs Are Belong To Us
Related articles and further reading…
– The Automation Paradox In Developing Nations
– World Of Weird Things Podcast: Why Jobs As We Know Them Are Dying
– Are New Computers Really After Your Desk Job?
– Robots Just Might Take Your Job. And Keep It.
– Why The Silicon Holler Is Such A Target For Scammers And Broken Promises
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records