world of weird things podcast: the weird world of sex
We might talk a lot about sex in the West these days, but that doesn’t mean we’ve been able to successfully debunk a lot of myths that have been floating around for generations. Can you be addicted to sex? How pervasive is hookup culture? Does size matter, and if so, to what extent? Are we going to become obsessed with sex bots or use them to cure social ills? What’s the most horrifying way to reproduce on our planet? And why do we reproduce sexually in the first place if the process takes so much time and effort? Believe it or not, science has weighed in all these topics, and we’re going to dive into what it has to say.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– Why Sex Robots Won’t Satisfy Incels
– Did Electrogonorrhea, The Noisy Killer, Just Strike The Adult Industry In Spain?
– How To Know If You’re Addicted To Love
– Is Technology Ruining Millennials’ Sex Lives?
– Does Evolution Slack Off In The Bedroom?
– The Hookup Culture That Wasn’t There
– Does Size Really Matter? Just Ask Evolution…
– The Scary World Of Sex
– Why Your Artificially Intelligent Assistant Should Judge You
Related articles and further reading…
– Why Americans Need To Grow Up When It Comes To Sex Ed
– It’s Great To Be Sex-positive. Just Don’t Get Carried Away With It…
– The Quixotic Battle Of Abstinence Only Zealots
– Wisconsin D.A. Tries To Outlaw Sex Ed
– Celebrating Sixty Years Of Failure
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records