world of weird things podcast: turning tbt into tuberculosis thursdays
Instead of Typhoid Mary, we have Typhoid Ayden, Brayden, Jayden, and Kayden as upper middle class suburbanites are refusing to vaccinate their children. And as if that’s not enough, their prodigious use of social media and inordinate amount of time in comment sections and writing for mommy blogs managed to convince 1 in 10 Americans that humanity’s safest and most successful public health program which drove the scourges of the past into extinction or very close to it, is a Big Pharma conspiracy to get kids sick because reasons. It’s a triumph of ignorance, arrogance, bad faith, and quackery in action, and we need to take it as the health hazard it is.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– Statistics, Vaccines, And Viral Evolution
– Do We Know What Actually Causes Autism?
– Conspiracy Theorists’ Dark View Of Medicine
– Chemicals, The Anti-Vaccinationist Menace
– The GMC’s Pyrrhic Victory Over Wakefield
– If It’s Catchy, Why Bother With The Science?
– Anti-Vaxers: To Insanity And Halfway Back Again
– Computers Confirm, Mommy Blogs Are A Hazard To Your Health
– When Doctors Catch A Really Dangerous Case Of Chemophobia
– When Confronted With Measles, Anti-Vaxxers And Their Kids Get Vaccinated
Related articles and further reading…
– Why The Latest Vaccine Study Will Go To Waste
– The Vaccine Manufactroversy Hits Pbs
– The Great Vaccine Apocalypse Cometh…
– David Icke’s Warning About Flu Vaccines
– Vaccines, The Evil Alien Conspiracy
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records