world of weird things podcast: the wild, weird world of antimatter
After looking through our files, it turns out we never uploaded an episode we recorded in the beginning of December about the strange substance known as antimatter. It’s all the rage in sci-fi and scientific documentaries, but there’s not a lot of confusing information about it beyond “if you combine it with matter it goes boom.” So, we set out to fix that by breaking down what antimatter actually is, how it was discovered, how we can use it, how it exists in a universe made of matter, and since we’re talking about that, why isn’t the universe made of antimatter in the first place.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– WoWT Explains: What Is Antimatter?
– Why We’d Want To Make Some More Antimatter
– Two Grams Of Your Finest Antimatter Please…
– WoWT Podcast: Why We Need Particle Colliders
– We May Finally Know Why The Universe Is Made Of Matter Instead Of Antimatter
– How Studying Falling Antimatter Can Eventually Help Us Treat Cancer
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records