world of weird things podcast: is this the real life? is this just an alien simulation?
Imagine if everything you knew was just a simulation inside a supercomputer or a cluster of servers on a distant alien outpost, controlled by sophisticated otherworldly machines. But this isn’t a rehash of The Matrix. Your body isn’t in a vat being used to generate power or used for anything of consequence. In fact, you don’t exist in a physical form. You’re just the emergent property of a code means to better understand how universes live and die for extraterrestrial scientists. It’s an entertaining and scary thought, but how likely is it? And what do we do if we are in fact just digital phantoms?
Subscribe to get the latest episodes…
Articles covered or touched on in this episode…
– Is This The Real Life, Is This Just A Complex Cosmological Simulation?
– How An Artificial Intelligence Learned To Understand The Universe
– Unmasking A Monster: A “Stunning Confirmation” Of Black Hole Theory
– Is It Real? And Does It Really Matter?
– Ultimate Doomsday Prepping
– The Nerd Rapture
Intro/outro by Absolute Valentine, courtesy of Lazerdiscs Records